Thursday, May 23, 2019

German Businesspeople Speak English Well

I have had many chances to offer a cross-cultural workshop to young German men and women. They have taken my class to learn the difference between Western and Japanese business practices.

Without any exception, German businesspeople speak English well. They are so comfortable to respond to issues and with a sign of intelligence.

And I have asked them if they have had special English training. They have said no and told me that they have studied English at school like elementary school, junior high school, high school, and university.

Wonderful. With regular school education, they have become fluent English and being able to express and write English as if it is their own language.

I sigh because it is not the case with Japanese business-people.

Japan should learn how to study English from Germany.


No comments: